Saturday, April 14, 2012

Starting to Lose Track

It looks like I'm starting to lose track of when I should be posting up here. I totally forgot about last Saturday, and then I spaced out on posting those stories for last night? I think I will have to do something really big to make up for this. I've been playing around with some ideas for a couple of short stories. Maybe in the next couple of weeks, I'll post one or two of them for all to see, you know, along with the other stuff that i've been trying to do.
Well, since this is an announcement piece, let me catch you all up with me. It's been kind of a busy week for me with everything, and then, when not busy with life, I've been trying to relax by reading The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. I've had it on my Kindle for a couple of weeks, but earlier this week, something just pulled me to read it. Now I'm nearly finished with the book, which means you should keep your eyes open for a piece on my two cents on it. (Spoiler: I really like it.) 

I've been considering what to read once I finish Haldeman's book. I've limited it down to three choices so far. The candidates are (drumroll, please)... Old Man's War by John Scalzi, Little Fuzzy by H. Beam Piper, and Space Merchants by Frederik Pohl and C.M. Kornbluth. Each is pretty awesome in its own aspects. I've heard Old Man's War shares a lot of similarities with The Forever War and thus would be a great follow up follow-up. The same idea applies to Little Fuzzy. My thought was that I could follow that story up with Scalzi's Fuzzy Nation, and see how he played around with that story. Then it occurred to me that I should take a larger break from Scalzi. Not that I don't appreciate his writing. I really do. It's just I like to take breaks and take in as much diversity as possible. Which is why Space Merchants has been thrown in the mix.

Well, now that I look back over what I just wrote, I think I know what I will do. And I'll let you know just as soon as I finish reading The Forever War (mainly because my ideas can still change).

Anyways, I'm out for now. Look for two more posts from me tonight. One should be a post on short stories and the other the random one that has recently been about Avatar: The Last Airbender.

No comments:

Post a Comment