Friday, February 17, 2012

The Call of the Angry Oubliette


Can you believe I've been doing this for over a month already? I really can't. but that it's still going on shows me that I can stick to something if my mind is set on it. Anyways, I have some fun stories for you this week.

The Call of Cthulhu by H.P. Lovecraft
The first story is a classic. And it's a classic because it's a must-read. H.P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu won't necessarily have you on the edge of your seat, but the imagery and wording that he offers are up and beyond that you can get anywhere nowadays. I didn't see this story over at Project Gutenberg, but you can actually read it from Wikipedia if you have the time. And if you don't have the time to read it, there's an audiobook offered too. You can find that by following this link over to The H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast.

Oubliette by J. Kelley Anderson -- Ray Gun Revival
The next story is Oubliette by J. Kelley Anderson. Much of the story reminded me of Philip K. Dick's The Wub, but Anderson played with it enough to make his story stand on it's own. Go and check this one out. It's a pretty fun story to read. You may even find yourself chuckling a little bit.

Angry Child by Benjamin Rosenbaum -- Daily Science Fiction
Our last story, Angry Child by Benjamin Rosenbaum, came out earlier this month. It is part of Daily Science Fiction's Number Quartet. Each story in the Number Quartet is somehow connected to a number of some sort, whether it is actually a number or even a constant. This story's number is gravity. I don't want to say much more. It's quite short and also quick enough read that you should give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment