Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Little April Fool's Revelation

So, today is April Fool's Day. What a wonderful day! We get to fool anybody and everybody if we so choose. And isn't it quite a coincidence that I began this blog on that day? Why, yes it is! I'm going to let you in on a little part of a secret. I'm really not Matthew John Marlieu.



I hope there isn't actually a Matthew John Marlieu out there. But if there is, I really do like your name as a pen name, and I'll be very happy as long as I can keep using this name to publish some of my writings. It's a little bit easier for me to keep my lives a little separate then. There's the other guy, the daywalker we'll call him, who everyone he knows knows him, and then there's me, this guy sitting here writing. I'm hoping that there will come a day when the two can merge into one, but for now, just for a little while, during this time of experimental creativity, I just want the separation. I'm sorry for leading anybody on, but I figured I should be honest about it as soon as possible.

For now, the daywalker will have his identity, and I will have mine. However, I hope you can still enjoy the writings of someone who you know is blatantly playing a game of charades. If you can bear with me a little, maybe you will even be able to learn why I chose the name Matt J. Marlieu, why I even chose to start writing in the first place, and why I decided to post what I have written here on this blog. The mysteries actually go together. It's pretty cool actually. So stick around, enjoy some stories and musings, and leave some comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment