Saturday, June 18, 2011

Roger's Box, Episode 6

(So, I'm trying to catch up on with the prompts over at Creative Copy Challenge. Here's a little bit for Monday's prompt. Things are just getting stranger and stranger with Roger's box. Hope you guys enjoy!)






Katie gazed at Roger with her nearly angelic eyes and said, "I don't mean to demonize you, but you really are an idiot. What the hell do you think you're doing? That woman was probably sent there to steal the same egg you took. And worst of all, she's probably a trained killer as well. Don't you see what you're up against?"
Roger raised his hand to his chest. "I'm flabbergasted. I was just extremely honest with you, and now here you are, calling me an idiot. I feel very betrayed right now."
"Roger, that's not going to work this time. You have to return your highly exalted egg."
"There's a little problem with that."
Katie's eyebrows raised. "Yes?"
"The egg hatched," said Roger with the gesture of splitting an egg.
"And?"
"It hatched into a little box."
"Unbelievable. You expect me believe your tall tale? No. No more." She began to walk away.
Roger grabbed her by her arm. "Listen! There's more. It told me to hail the mothership."
With her free arm, Katie pointed to the sky. "Even further over the top." She tried to free her other arm, but Roger's grip was too tight.
"I'm not going to let you go until you hear everything." Roger tightened his grip.
"Ok, but loosen up a little," said Katie, but he didn't.
Roger continued with his story when he felt that she would stop resisting. "I took the egg home and that's where it hatched into the box. When it started talking to me, I sat it up on a pedestal to give it a little more respect."
"How was it talking to you? Does it have a mouth, eyes, and ears?" asked Katie, beginning to show some interest again.
"No, I just knew what it was thinking. It told me that if I was repentant it could save my lost soul." Roger paused before going on. "I believe it."
"Again, you're starting to go over the top with this. The box is not your savior. It won't be able to save your soul." Katie massaged her temples with her free hand. "You're going to have to find me some liquor before you can go on. I really don't think I'm drunk enough to be taking any of this in right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment