Wednesday, November 2, 2011

[WoD] Eat Healthy

We're already on the second day in. Let's hope you guys are all doing better than me. I don't feel like I'm doing so will with hitting my word count, at least not for starting off. I only got one thousand words in for my novel yesterday, and I just didn't like how I started it. But I plan on changing that up a bit today and am already well on my way to fixing it. It's going to be a long month, and there will be lots of time to catch up.

Enough of that. Let's get back to the War on Distraction. There are soldiers in wars, and in this war you are one of them. But in order to fight properly, we need to be fit. Are you living healthy? It's November. It's getting colder. Heck, there's even snow already here in Iowa. As the month progresses, you're going to start to get stressed out. It happens. This is a busy month. But if we focus on our health just a tiny, minuscule bit each day, we'll be living healthier and be in better shape for fighting the good fight. That's why today, I want to remind you to eat healthy.


November's here. That means cold season is upon us. And with the extra stress from pushing ourselves to keep going comes a lower immune system. So make sure you're eating your fruits and veggies. Vitamin C can help with that. It will give you an extra boost in energy and germ fighting power.


But really, just take a look at the picture to the left. The USDA is no longer using the pyramid. Instead, they chose to use this, showing people what should be on their plates at each meal. It's very simple. Half of your plate is fruits and vegetables and the other half is your grains and proteins. This is the goal. You don't have to do it every time, but you will be feeling a lot better about yourself if you do.

One more thing. Halloween was just a couple of days ago, and I'm sure you, if you're like me, are stocked up on a bunch of candy. Well, remember, that is not part of a well balanced diet. You need some other stuff as well. The candy can be helpful, but you should only treat it as a treat.

That's all! Now get out of here and write more of your novels. I need to catch up by writing 2,400 or so words today. Where are you guys at?

No comments:

Post a Comment