Monday, October 31, 2011

[WoD] Got Everything?

From my time zone, NaNoWriMo begins in a short eight hours. So today, I, and if you're with me, we, should be making sure that we have everything and that everything is in place. Just some physical and mental preparation for the next "30 days of literary abandonment." Over the next few hours, we all need ask ourselves questions and quickly get those answers.



Question #1: Do you have everything?
Are you all stocked up on pen and paper? Do you have enough goodies of your choosing to keep you going, at least for the next few days? If not, make a checklist of the things you need and go get them when you have a few minutes today.

Question #2: Is Everything in its place?
This is more or less a question of organization. Are the pens where they need to be? Is the candy in an easily accessible place far enough away to not eat while writing, but close enough to be a good reward? These are just a couple of examples. I'm sure there's more for you to do (I certainly must).

Question #3: Am I mentally prepared to start this journey?
Will I be able to handle the stress of writing 1,667+ words each day? If I do stress out, is there anything I can do to quickly calm down? There are definitely more, but you must not forget the most important question: What's driving me to write this novel? Ask yourself this today and find the answer. Write it down somewhere and look at it everyday. This will keep you going.

Spend the day running these questions and more through your noggin, and see if you'll be able to line up the next few days. The first days of any journey are the most important. They are they days that set the pace for the rest of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment